All applicants for substitute positions are required to register online to attend a New Substitute Orientation, this is essential to becoming a CCISD Substitute. Registration is separate from and in addition to completing the online application.
CCISD Retiree Orientation
- If you are a CCISD Retiree, a Registered Nurse, a Texas Certified Bilingual Teacher or an applicant interested in working in the area of Special Education as a sub teacher or aide please complete the online Substitute Application and call the Substitute Office. 281-284-0155.
Steps to becoming a CCISD Substitute:
- Complete the Online Substitute Application
(include at least three  valid references: see what qualifies as a reference below).
- All Substitutes will be required to bring to Orientation an Official High School or College Transcript; and if certified, a copy of your Teaching Certificate.
- After registration, the Substitute Office will review your application, check references and complete a criminal background check. Ten (10) days prior to orientation, you will receive an email confirming the orientation date, time, and location. RSVP via email!
Substitute Teacher and Substitute Paraprofessional Handbook 2012-2013
New Substitute Orientation Dates: Registration is on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE basis and there is no wait list. Applications and references will remain active for one year.
When you register online you will receive an email that tells you which orientation you are scheduled to attend. Please check your emails.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE Registration is closed for the 2012-2013 school year. Online Registration will re-open July 26, 2013 at 8:00 a.m. for the 2013-2014 school year. Please register here July 26th.
- Teacher Positions: An official college transcript confirming at least 30 semester hours (If transcripts are from a country other than the U.S., those transcripts must be evaluated by an accredited evaluation company before an application is complete.). We do not accept faxed copies of transcripts or transcripts printed from a college’s website.
- Paraprofessional Positions: An official transcripts must show either completion of high school or GED. Proof of Right to Work in the United States: Proof of eligibility to work in the United States. Criminal History Check: All applicants must pass a criminal background check.
- References: Three (3) returned reference forms (These are generated from your application and emailed by Human Resources Department). Make certain that all references have complete email addresses. One reference must be from a current or previous supervisor. References from relatives and friends are not acceptable.
- For information regarding your application and orientation status, please contact the Substitute Office as follows:
- HR Receptionist Desk: 281-284-0150
- Substitute Office: 281-284-0155
- FAX: (281) 284-9910
- Certified Substitute Teachers: $85 per day - $110 Long Term pay
- Substitute Teachers Bachelor's Degree: $80 per day - $100 Long Term pay
- Substitute Teachers 30 plus college hours: $70 per day ·
- Paraprofessional Substitutes Clerical: $60 per day - $65 Long Term pay
- Special Ed Classroom Aide: $70 per day
- Registered Nurses: $85 per day - $110 Long Term pay