Clear Creek ISD: Guidelines for Approval of and Access to Fliers and Other Nonschool Printed Materials
The Office of Public Information is responsible for reviewing and approving fliers and printed material for external nonschool groups or organizations for non-profit and youth-oriented programs and organizations only. Participating organization must provide evidence of nonprofit status.
The nonprofit organization must adhere to the District’s guidelines for requesting approval for public or student access of materials as follows:
- The sponsoring organization must provide documentation of their official 501(c)(3) status each year. A copy will be kept on file.
- A copy of the flier/printed material AND the Flier Distribution Approval Form must be submitted to the Office of Public Information for consideration of approval no later than two weeks before distribution date.
- The approval form must include contact name, phone number, email address, FAX number (if applicable), flier and campus name(s) where fliers are to be distributed when requesting flier distribution approval. A copy of the Approval Form must accompany fliers distributed at each campus.
- Organizations are responsible for distributing fliers to approved campuses in stacks of 25 at the elementary level one week before distribution date. See approval form for enrollment/section numbers. Do not call the campuses for this information. At intermediate schools and high schools, fliers are placed in the front office. Up to 250 fliers may be delivered to intermediate and high schools.
- Fliers will be denied for the following reasons: for-profit, and in accordance with policies GKDA (LOCAL) and FMA (LOCAL).
- Approved fliers/posters with information about youth oriented, one-time events that are outside the distribution dates, will remain in the office area or teacher’s lounge only, per the discretion of the campus principal. Students can pick up the information if they choose to. No distribution to students will be made in their classroom, parent information folders, backpacks, etc., except for the distribution dates.
- CLICK HERE to access the ONLINE APPROVAL FORM.
Flier distribution dates for the 2012-2013 school year:
September 18, December 21 and April 5, 2013.
ALL FLIERS MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- The following disclaimer statement must be printed at the bottom of the flier in BOLD CAPITAL letters. This disclaimer should be in a font of 12 pt. or larger. NEITHER THIS ORGANIZATION NOR THIS EVENT IS SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR OTHERWISE AFFILIATED WITH CLEAR CREEK ISD.
- The flier/printed material should not contain advertising logos or promotions for any business/organization other than the approved nonprofit submitting the flier.
- The flier must clearly state this is an activity for students.
- The material on the flier must be age and/or developmentally appropriate for students.
- Flier requests should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education Support Center
2425 E. Main Street
League City, Texas 77573
Directions to the ESC | Site Disclaimer
© Copyright 2009. All Rights Reserved.
*Some sections of this site require: Adobe® READER®, Adobe® FLASH® player and iTunes®.
Site Optimized for Internet Explorer; 1024 x 768 Display Setting.