Clear Falls High School: Principals Message
Clear Falls High School is home to the first Education Village in Texas and one of very few of its kind in the nation. The Education Village is a K-12, three-campus park where children will learn, explore, and become active, positive contributors to our community.
Clear Falls Mission Statement:
Clear Falls High School, as part of a 21st century learning village,
aspires to engage and empower students, through personalized learning experiences, to courageously serve, excel, and lead in the global community.
Clear Falls High School Cornerstone Beliefs:
1. We believe in the innate desire to learn.
2. We believe in our responsibility to guide and inspire lifelong learning.
3. We believe that strong relationships form the core of our community.
4. We believe that high expectations inspire excellence.
Exciting opportunities our students will have at Clear Falls High School include:
- A Biotechnology Lab which will be focused in the career areas of engineering, health science and agriculture science. Career opportunities in these fields are exploding and most Biotechnology programs are at the college level. A Biotechnology Advisory committee has already been working together and includes business, education, and medical experts from across Houston.
- An Information Technology Lab at Clear Falls High School will lead to A+ and Net+ certifications for students interested in computer repair and networking.
- Clear Falls High School students will have the opportunity to take advantage of courses in Audio Video Production & Animation Labs. These resources will be used by high school students and will also be available for students on all three campuses at the Education Village for broadcasting opportunities.
- Additional Career and Technology certifications at Clear Falls High School are anticipated to include: Microsoft Certified Specialist, Certified Nursing Assistant, Pharmacy Tech, and Welding.
- Engineering Project Lead the Way courses will be taught at Clear Falls High School just as they are at the current four comprehensive high schools in Clear Creek ISD. The focus at Clear Falls will be on biotechnical & aerospace engineering as we continue to encourage students interested in careers in engineering.
- Other exciting opportunities that are in the planning stages for the Education Village include a Kindergarten – 12th grade Greenhouse, Farmer’s Market, and a Financial Center.
- Technology will be integrated into all subject areas and will include student multimedia presentation capabilities, mimeos, document readers, dance mats, podcasting, and social networking. You can also follow Education Village updates and information on Twitter!
- College credit will be provided at Clear Falls High School through Advanced Placement Tests, Career and Technology Advanced Technical Credit and Dual Credit Courses through College of the Mainland. These opportunities will support our goal to increase the number of students identified as college/workforce ready.
The Education Village is committed to providing rigorous learning opportunities that meet the needs of ALL students. The goal is profound learning – student learning of facts and information, with the application of that information to new situations, the ability to synthesize, solve problems, and create knowledge. Students will cultivate and utilize the full range of their capabilities at all grades in the Education Village.